Click and collect is one of the most popular purchase journeys for consumers, both during and after the lockdown period. In order to take full advantage of its benefits, it must be properly implemented from an operational and technical point of view.
Deploy click and collect with all the features for a seamless, multi-channel customer experience
After the experience of lockdown, 75% of consumers now expect shops to offer a remote purchase service1. Click and collect meets a strong consumer expectation: spend as little time as possible in stores while continuing to buy in their favourite shops. The optimization of the service provided must be watched carefully by merchants, because it makes the consumer come (back) to the store and it builds customer loyalty.
To be powerful and smooth, “click and collect” has to be bundled with some other essential features:
- “One-click”: offer one-click payment to make customer journey fast and easy. This way the consumer spares time not only when he picks up his products in store, since his purchase is prepared and ready, but also when he orders online. Technically, the “one click” step consists in keeping payment information for future purchases, so that the customer does not have to type the codes of his payment card again. To make one-click possible, Dalenys implements tokenisation, which associates a bank card with a single-use token (or alias). This secure identifier enables you to recognise your customer whatever the sales channel.
- A smooth overall online payment: with Dalenys, merchants can integrate a responsive and personalized payment page such as “one page checkout”, thanks to our “hosted fields” library. On a single page seamlessly integrated to your website, your customer will find all the required information (about his basket, pick-up and payment), to facilitate his purchase.
- In-app payment: offer your customers to pay on their mobile phone, so they can pick up their order on the move. In-app payment is possible thanks to the Dalenys SDK (IOS and Android).
- Adapted payment methods: for high average baskets, additional payment methods will facilitate the sale. For example, split payment gives the customer the flexibility to pay in 3x or more instalments.
Click and collect parameters for a smooth management of your transactions
Click and collect, the iconic omnichannel journey that couples online shopping with in-store pick-up, is not always easy for the financial and technical teams to manage: how to track and consolidate the transactions of each point of sale? How to compensate every point of sale? Here are the solutions to keep it smooth:
- You must be able to view the transactions resulting from this purchase path in the blink of an eye. Thanks to its unified payment platform, Dalenys offers financial reconciliation: you have access from a single interface to all your flows, statistics and performance per unit of sale or consolidated, with all payment methods displayed. You can find all your payment data on the same portal, for all the shops that are participating as pick-up points.
- To compensate your points of sale participating in the click and collect process, it is important for you to be able to set the right parameters depending on your activity (location, amount, item code…). Dalenys’ platform bring the possibility to easily implement a flexible and transparent set of commissions.
To find out more, discover how Marie Blachère bakeries have implemented click and collect during lockdown with Dalenys solution.
Do not hesitate to contact us about your omnichannel projects: email@example.com. You can also choose to continue browsing our blog by reading about the favourite purchase journeys for the upturn.
1 source : Fevad/Médiamétrie barometer, e-commerce review Q1 2020