As a global payment orchestration platform, BlueSnap helps merchants accept payments worldwide: it is a Payment Facilitator (Payfac). As a result, BlueSnap merchants only need one integration and one account to accept payments in 200 countries, with over 100 currencies and over 100 payment methods*.
In order to expand its network of acquirers, BlueSnap has partnered with Payplug in 2022. The aim is to enable its European merchants with a customer base in France to process their online payments as local transactions. As a result, BlueSnap merchants optimise both their sales and their revenues:
- on the sales side, they benefit from higher payment acceptance rates for their French customers;
- on the revenue side, they see a reduction in their cross-border fees (up to 2%*), which can also benefit their customers.
What are the advantages of Payplug for Payfacs?
After 6 months of collaboration, BlueSnap has identified 3 main advantages of Payplug’s Payfac offer:
- in-depth expertise of the European market ;
- automated and smooth onboarding;
- cost optimisation, with transaction costs divided by 7 on the CB scheme**.
The European market presents many challenges: it is a disparate territory, with a wide variety of local payment methods and different regulations for different card schemes. Thanks to our membership of Groupe BPCE and our privileged connection to the CB scheme, we are enabling BlueSnap’s European merchants to optimise their payment acceptance rates within the framework of PSD2 while reducing cross-border costs, representing a gain of €18m over the last quarter of 2022*.
Jonathan Lesieur, VP PSP & Fintechs at Payplug
*Source : BlueSnap data
**Source : Payplug data
If you want to know more about the payment facilitation model, the benefits of payment orchestration or the collaboration between BlueSnap and Payplug: