This month, we take a close look at French consumption habits relating to automotive equipment, using data from the Observatoire des Paiements of Groupe BPCE*.
Spending on the rise and slightly higher average transactions
– Consumption: in the sector increased by 15.5% between 2020 and 2022
– The average transaction in the sector is €95.55 in 2022.
– E-commerce spending accounts for 18.8% of the total amount of transactions in 2022
– The average e-commerce transaction is higher than the average in-store transaction: €138.26 online vs. €123.56 in the store
Boom in contactless payment
– Contactless payments make up 28.9% of transactions recorded in 2022, which is a 115.6% increase compared to 2020.
– The average contactless transaction is €19.90 in 2022
13.4% rise in women’s spending in the sector
– By amount, women represent 27.7% of total spending in 2022
– In 2022, the amount of transactions by women climbed 13.4% compared to 2020 and was up 5.1% compared to 2021. Over the same period, the respective figures for men were up 15.6% and 7.8%.
*Observatoire des Paiements is a Payments Observatory from Groupe BPCE.
Data analyzed here are focussed on the automotive equipment sector, taken from Groupe BPCE transactions between January 2020 and the end of January 2022.